So I a lot of us have been working from, home of late myself included. Even if the world is slowly opening and co-working spaces are opened again. But sometimes you love working in the comfort of your home.
Read the previous post about Things To Do During Self-Isolation, which has things to do while some of us are still in lockdown.
Before the stay-home order, we creatives have been working from home before it became a regular thing for the rest of the world.
So here are some tips on how you can still be productive in your PJs at home.
5 Tips of How To Be Productive At Home
- Have a dedicated workspace: This was a game-changer for me, I used to have a desk in my bedroom, but my bed was more inviting and I would end up sleeping on my bed and watching series or movies. I am hoping to have my own home office, I currently work on the dining room table, which has helped me be a little more productive. So if you have an empty room in your home you can turn it into an office with a comfomrtable funiture. e
2. Have dedicated working hours: Set yourself up like you are normally heading to work in your office, so if you would normally head to work at 8 am, then be in your home office at 8 am every day. And also make sure your working hours are known to the rest of the people in your family if you are living with people. For example, I live with my parents and it is a struggle for my mum to respect the time I have set aside to work on my business.
3. Get out of your PJs: Yes I know, it beats the purpose of wearing your PJs the whole day since you are working from home. But the point of not wearing your pj’s is to make you more productive so wake up, take a shower, get ready for your day has normal just wear comfortable wear unless you have a Zoom meeting.
4. Have a schedule/ Use a Planner: Sometimes you may feel overwhelmed with all the things you are supposed to be doing or don’t know how to start your workday without the structure of an office, so get a to list and write the task you wish to complete and do them on at a time.
5. Comfortable Office Furniture: This is an added part to Point number one. Having a workspace that is inviting and comfortable does come down to what furniture you decided to buy. So if you can get a standing desk, a chair that will help elevate any back pain.
6. Don’t Disturb: Turn On the “Don’t Disturb” on your phone. Have no distractions so you can complete your to-do list.
- Take breaks throughout the day, take a walk outside, have lunch not at your desk in front of your computer.
- Don’t work through the night. Don’t do what we creatives do, work till 2 am to wake up at 11 am to start our day.
Song of Post: Damages by Tems
Molly @ Transatlantic Notes says
Really great tips and advice — thanks for the encouragement!