Hope Y’all are doing well……. If you read my previous welcome post, this is the beginning of My Self-Care Series and will in the future have more posts and advice on Self-Care, and am inviting you my Earthlings to this journey of self discovering and better health.
So am currently dealing with this at the moment, but it is not burnout per se more like am so into the darkness, that I am having a hard time seeing a way out.
But I have experienced this before when I was in college. We as humans especially women think we can do it all at once. And we tend to spread ourselves, so thin that our bodies and brain come to a conclusion that it is time to shut down for a min.
So am going to share a few tips that may help to prevent it, and also give you a few warning signs.
The Warning Signs
- Feeling Overwhelmed
- Can’t focus
- Juggling a lot of balls
- Trying to do everything yourselves
- Your mind can’t seem to shut off
- Ways to prevent
How To Deal & Prevent
- Delegate your tasks, to your team if you have one, If you are alone like me, do your most important task first, and try to complete them in one day if you can’t finish them, continue the next day. They is no shame in it
- Take a breath and Stop to appreciate the path you are own.
- Disconnect: Meaning step away from the devices in your life, and social media. I am currently not posting on social media, one I don’t have content and a trying to create new ones and I just need a break from social media.
- Mediate, I am currently trying to learn to quiet, my mind although I am sort of failing.
- When your feeling overwhelm take a step back, and take a few mintues to refocus, and come back with fresh eyes.
- Take a mini vacation/ Full Vacation: Be present do something fun and put your phone
- Pick a day for selfceare. Where you can regroup and refocus yourself, be it home or taking a spa day.
- Lunch with your friends or family: Hangout with friends or family at least once a week, or a girls night out ( this means I need to get some more friends). And don’t be on your phone, put it away unless you are taking photos.
- Read a book: It breaks up your day, plus let’s you escape your world for a little while.
- Binge watch on series or movies.
Song of Post: Breathin by Ariana Grande