Find a niche is something every blogging expect tells, you when you start a blog. So that you can monetize and Build an Email List… So on and forth.
If you haven’t read my post about my blogging journey and how I found my niche read them below.
Why Is Picking A Niche Important?
The main reasons of why you should have niche when your starting a blog, are the following
- With a niche, you can easily monetize your blog. Not saying your blog can’t be monetized without one but it will make it easier to when reach out to brands that compliment your niche.
- It helps in brand identity. If in the long run, you want to build a brand and branch out in creating physical and digital products to sell.
- With a niche, it helps in creating a community of readers.
- You become an authority, meaning you are the go-to person in your chosen specialty.
- It makes it easier for brands to reach out to you for sponsored content and collaboration.
At the end of the day, if you want brand collaborations a niche is something you need to consider. When you niche down, it may end up making you more unique, to brands and you will create a community.
They are many niches to choose from, some are easy to monetize because they are always a demand for it.
A blog that teaches you something, from cooking healthy food (Paleo, Keto, and Low Carb), DIY blogs, Photography blogs, Pinterest Blogs.
- Blogs that are in the tech niche, that give you reviews on the latest tech that is out in the market.
- Mommy Blogs are great for new and already moms, to learn the new products in the market and also any new parenting techniques.
- Travel Blogs, learn about new places around the world.
- Lifestyle Blogs, these tend to cover a lot of various topics depends on the creator of the blog,
These are some of the blog niches you can choose, these aren’t all of them just a few, they are various Niches and Sub-Niches that you can choose from.
In my free downloadable workbook, It will help you pick a niche and possibly the first few posts you can write about. Download Below
Picking Your Niche. Questions You Should Be Asking
( this is the part you grab a pen or paper or just download the free printable worksheet at the end of this post or above)
- What Are Your Interests or Hobbies? (write down at least 5 to start)
- Which niche do your interests or hobbies fall under? ( Travel, Lifestyle, Finance, Food, Fashion, etc)
- From the interests above, which one stands out to you the most and do you have a long-lasting knowledge in it? ( This to pick one or more topics to focus on)
- What is your ideal audience/reader you are planning to write for? ( Describe them in Gender, Age, Occupation)
- Will it help and inform the reader above, meaning are you solving a problem they are currently facing
- With the topic you have picked, do you have content for a year?
These are the first few questions you should be asking yourself when you’re picking a niche for your blog.
You can change your niche down the line, depending on your growth down the line in your life.
Song Of The Post : Suzanna By Sauti Sol