When I was doing research for this post, I found a lot of practices someone can take but I narrowed it down to things that felt right with me.
This is the second post of my self-love series, if you haven’t read the first post of What is Self-Love?
15 Ways Of Self-Love
- Stop Comparing Yourself to Others: This is something, I am constantly having to remind myself of that everyone’s journey/ Path is different, and we achieve things on different timelines and some things those things aren’t meant to be on our path. This is also when it comes to how you look physical, and the talents and values you bring to the table. Also be in a habit of not believing in everything that is on social media, because that is just a snapshot of someone’s life and is heavily curated.
2. Allow yourself to make mistakes: Man this hard to do, I have a habit of trying to be perfect that’s is the Virgo in me, but you have to look at your mistakes as learning opportunities.
3. Other People Opinions Shouldn’t matter: Has an African this is something that plagues us, instead of caring about our well-being or following our passions, we tend to let the elders in our families guide our life. But this shouldn’t hinder someone from doing something that truly makes us happy.
4. Remove Toxicity and Negativity: Be ready to remove toxic people, places from your surrounding that also come to people or places that give you negative vibes. Protect your peace, positivity at all costs.
5. Learn To Process and Understand Your Feelings and Fears: We all have fears, that would stop us from doing things, personal I have a couple, so we would have to learn them and find ways to overcome them. When it comes to our feelings learning where they come from or how they are triggered, you will learn to accept them and feel them, meaning if you are angry feel that anger, and if you are sad feel your sadness.
6. Put Yourself First: Most people especially, us women and empathy tend to put everyone first on the list and tend to forget ourselves. Learn to put yourself first if not always but from time to time.
7. Celebrating your small or big wins: This is something I do, especially my small wins. The truth is your small wins are the ones you have to celebrate more often and are the ones that tend to be forgotten the most we tend to concrete on the big wins in our lives be it in career, personal.
8. Say Yes: Say yes to opportunities that are presented to you, even outside your comfort zone. Leaving your comfort zone is good especially when it comes to learning new things.
9. Create a “What’s Working For Me” List: So this is a list of all that is great and positive in your life, for example: “ I have a great group of friends” I will be creating a post of ho
10. Explore your Spirituality: Learning about the universe and also your higher self, is something someone should do. This is something
11. Be Bold and Follow Your Passion: In everything you do, in life try to be BOLD also follow your passion.
12. Be Kind and Forgive yourself: You have to learn to be kind to yourself, man this is something we all tend to fail at, being kind to ourselves and also learning to forgive yourself when it comes to the mistakes you make in the past.
13. Build a community: This is something, I am trying to build, being a content creator, entrepreneur, is lonely because you’re always on your own.
14. Create a Self-love Ritual: I have self-care rituals in place but this is something I am learning to build for myself.
15. Find Your Happy Place: I am trying to make my happy place meditation. But it can be anything being the gym, taking a walk on the beach, or nature.
Pro tip: I am learning to be a mental health advocate/speaker something along the line, has am soon going be to launching a mental & lifestyle brand that will be everything this blog isn’t has am transition this to a complete travel blog. Before that launch, I stumbled upon an article that is all about mental health and thought I would share here it is Good Mental Health
Song Of Post: For Tonight By Giveon