You have decided to go to Maasai Mara, and I am hoping you have read my post about the costs, my stay in Cottar’s Kenya, and also seen my video if not the link are below.
What To Pack
Clothing Packing List
The weather tends, to fluctuate for hot and cold. Meaning the clothes you pack must easily transition from cold early morning game drives to when the sun comes out. Below are the basics
- Khaki Pants or Shorts
- Light Jacket
- Hiking Boots
Camera Packing List
Now this is my favorite because, some of the things on this list I personally hoped I had during my Safari.
- Camera: I carried my Canon 6D Mark II
- Lens: A telephoto lens is perfect, to get photos of the animals. I had 70-200 mm Lens. I would love to have 100-400mm Lens.
Here are some other options:
- A drone: To create amazing aerial shots
- A GoPro: I wished I had a couple of GoPros to mount on the hood and inside of the landrover we were
- A 360 camera: If you don’t have a drone, a 360 camera is the next best thing, to have.
- A Tripod: Sometimes the lenses are heavy, this is not a necessity to carry during the safari.
- Extra Batteries and the chargers.
- Extra memory cards
- If you are a vlogger, (like me recently) you would need an extra camera to capture video.
So that’s is your packing list when you visit Mara. Use this guide has a guideline for your packing it gives you a ruff idea of what to pack when you are visiting Mara.
Song Of Post: Jealousy by Navy Kenzo
Leave a Reply